Saturday, May 17, 2008

I pledge allegiance to the hip-hop...


It's the weekend and I don't even know it. It's nice to just chill for a bit and not worry about school shit. Anyway, here are some good songs for the day (well, night technically). Enjoy.

Hi-Tek featuring Willie Cottrell Band - People Going Down
This song is on my list of perfect songs to listen to on a rainy day. Although it is on Hi-Tek's second album, Hi-Teknology 2: The Chip, it isn't a rap song... it's actually a blues/jazz song. I love the keys on this song and just everything about it. A must listen.

Afu-Ra featuring Ky-Mani Marley - Equality (Produced by DJ Premier)
This is another great song I've just recently started listening to. I've had a DJ Premier beat mix on my iTunes for a long time now and always loved just chilling out to this beat, but I didn't even realize I had the full track in my iTunes library as well. Great beat with some great guitar licks and piano and classic DJ Premier drums. Great song to chill out to. Send me a message if you want the instrumental of this song.

David Banner featuring Twista - On Everything
I've been bumping this song since 2005 when Chad and I were in Pritchard watching Adult Swim and the beat for this track was in the background of one of the "bumps" at the time. After a day or so, and with Chad's help, we found the track. Whenever football season comes up, I bump this shit HARD. Granted it isn't the fight song for Virginia Tech (like my beat titled "We Are The Hokies"), but it's still a great fucking beat that will get you pumped up.

KRS-One and Marley Marl - Teachers Back
Great "throw back" track. Although this track is not old at all, it's nice to hear KRS-One and Marley Marl at it again. I'd love for Soulja Boy to start beef with them haha.

No comments: