Friday, May 16, 2008

I ain't slept in eight days, I could go for eight weeks...


Alright, I think I know how everything works. It didn't take too long but I didn't want to fuck anything up. Anyway, here are some gems I've come across recently. I'm going to be posting a mix of rap, hip-hop, instrumental music, blues, jazz, maybe some rock and just good shit to either party along with or chill out to. Check back frequently because I'll be posting a lot.

DJ Khaled featuring Akon, Rick Ross, Plies, Trick Daddy, Lil' Boosie, Ace Hood and Lil' Wayne - Out Here Grindin' (Produced by The Runners)

N.E.R.D. - Spazz

Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West - Put On (Produced by Drumma Boy)

N.E.R.D. featuring Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco and Pusha T (of The Clipse) - Everyone Nose (Remix)

Lil' Wayne - A Millie
(This song bumps HARD!)

Busta Rhymes featuring Linkin Park - We Made It (Produced by Cool and Dre and Mike Shinoda)

Kidz In The Hall featuring Pusha T (of The Clipse), Bun B and The Cool Kids - Drivin' Down The Block (Remix)
(BUMPS HARD!)

T.I. - No Matter What (Produced by Danja)
Interesting beat... reminds me of an old rock song but can't put my finger on it. I don't usually listen to songs with DJ or website drops on it, but this was the only good version I could find.

Alfamega featuring Busta Rhymes - Head Banger

Mandrill - Children of the Sun
A great, dramatic song... I don't even really know how to classify this song because they utilized a couple of different genres of music. Overall it's a funk record, but the beginning starts out like a score, the middle like a funk song, and towards the end sounds like a march. Anyway, great song and you may recognize it if you've been bumping Shawty Lo's song "Dey Know" (go to 3:12 in the song to hear the sample used in the Shawty Lo song).

Enjoy and check back soon for more posts.

No comments: